Sunday, October 23, 2005

Rambling talking

Are my essays too serious?
I can write straight from my heart in English. I feel like letters of the English hide my embarrassment. When I read my blogs, I need not face my real intention in a flash. Because these are wrote in English. Probably I can’t write same contents in Japanese. It’s difficult to explain this feeling …

Are my essays too serious?
So I will write a rambling story today.

Why are BonJovi 's songs almost the same? At first, songs start serious guitar riff. After a while, suddenly they turn the volume up. (Maybe fireworks have to be displayed in exact timing with this moment at their live concert..) For a while, they are worried about their life. But finally, they notice that they should be optimistic and decide to live in hope. ( I'm sorry. This might be a fiction.)
In my opinion, BonJovi's songs are American enka. That's why they are popular in the US. Except for it, I can't find any reason they are salable.
Why was Allie M ‘s boyfriend John Bon Jovi? Why?
This topic is out of date.

I like autumn season. I hope 5/12 of a year is autumn and 1/4 of a year is winter and 5/24 of a year is spring and 1/12 of a year is summer and 1/24 of a year is winter season, called Tsuyu.
But in this autumn, it had been raining for over a week.
I saw the full moon before those rainy days. There are many Japanese old poems that express the moon in autumn.

秋風にたなびく雲の絶え間より漏れ出ずる月の影のさやけさ   左京太夫顕輔

月見ればちぢに物こそ悲しけれわが身ひとつの秋にはあらねど  大江千里

I couldn't enjoy the scent of fragrant –olives well. Fragrant –olives trees snowed blossoms by heavy rains. Too bad.

Today was fine autumn day. There wasn't any cloud in the sky. I went an exhibition of an architect with my friend and took a walk in Omotesando area. I like this town. There are many famous architecture. We could visit a building  which we looked the presentation of the building in the exhibition in a day. Because I live near Tokyo, I can know the forefront of the movement and enjoy avant-garde architecture. She said
"Sunlight of autumn season makes white walls of buildings show white."
In autumn, buildings look calm and beautiful. We enjoyed our reunion.
She was my best co-worker.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Finally, I post a message to your blog! Sorry that I did not send a message so long.
It was very nice to meet you on that sunny Sunday, visiting the exhibition of Kuma, and places of interesting architecture in Omotesando. It is always good to have company who has interests in architecture, telling frankly good and bad of buildings, parsonal likes and dislikes. I liked Todd's shop very much. Although I do not work as an architect anymore, I still like to talk on architecture. Architecture is everywhere, and I cannot be indifferent to architecture. I hope your next project goes well, and to see it someday soon.

1:03 AM  
Blogger sacchan said...

Hello. Sumiko.
I'm going to write a timely topic for us from now on.
I attended a symposium on a project of Digital Archives for Architectural Space of Japan on this Friday. Who do you think I met there?
When I arrived at the lobby, I watched our former boss go out of the meeting room. An accident happened.
I didn't read the information of the symposium well, so I didn't notice that he was a top member of the project.
Because the symposium started at 2:00p.m., I was really sleepy. But I woke up at that moment.
I greeted him and we had a pleasant talk. He told about you and that he has been using his influence to make the Zenko temple area be designated a world heritage and he carrys the project out with your teacher prof. S. He also told me to stop his at office if I come to Nagano. He smiled. We exchanged business cards.
He said he met my teacher, prof. J at the Obuse session this year.
When we were sitting in sofas in the lobby and talking, our former boss received a slight bow of recognition from a man. He was Mr. Kuma. Wow! And after a while, an prominent person spoke to our former boss. Oh! The man is Shoji Hayashi.
I ended the conversation in a fidget.

I can't express this feeling exactly. It was like an electric shock.
Probably, we talked about only 5 minutes, but this 5 minutes reminded me that about 5 years has already past since I left "an academia". I don't know exactly what academic activity is, but I miss it.

At this symposium, Mr. Kuma explained he first proposed this DAAS project. I heard The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport decided to expense about 2 billion yen to support the DAAS project. We were given a reference about Digital Archives of NHK. I think it'll be usuful for your study. I'll send it to you.
I visited your web site. Really gorgeous! I suppose that explaining what you have done is a courageous act

The shock on this Friday woke me up.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sacchan,

I visited your blog today again, and found your messgage. Gosh, you met so many people! Actually, I never seen our boss after my retire. I send a greeting card every year, and talked on phone just once, but that is really all. Now he is a 'big' person, isn't he?

I think making an archives on architecture is a good idea. This summer I visited RIBA library (Royal Institute of British Architects). The library is superb, having lots of original drawings, manuscripts, photos, and so on. I was so excited to see some drawings which was submitted for Coventry Cathedral competition. You know, in Japan, it is quite difficult to find original drawings of competitions. Even Hiroshima competition... Drawings should be kept by the municipal office or archives.

Do you remember that we made a model of our architect's office? It was also given to some architectural archives, but what happend to that archives! I do not know where it is now!

By the way, I've heard that you can see an article on the symposium on 'the reconstruction of historic buildings' in Nikkei-shinbun on 29th October. I have not checked it yet, but might be an interest of you.

Best wishes,
Sumiko

9:28 PM  
Blogger sacchan said...

Hello. Sumiko.
I'm sorry for my late reply.
Yeah! I met our former boss and saw well-known architects.
I think our former boss doesn't become the bXXXXX architect, but the oldest.
One of tne panelists was an archivist who works in the Octagon museum in the US. She explained that precious archives aren't open to the public in Japan. Japanese museum and other academic societies tend to hide them.
And she also explained there isn't any course for students who want to be archivists in Japan. Profession of archivist has not been recognized yet.
She also told models of architecture are most difficult archives to preserve.

Where had models of architecture gone? Probably, they are in the other world now. They were crystals of our sweat, tears, and blood. (Sometimes I cut my finger with a cutter.) They were made of a great enthusiasm to win a competition and with a great dissapointment at the result, they were preserved in a corner of the office.
Could they die with their minds at ease? We should have held a memorial service for them.
合掌。 Let' s pray for them.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home