Sunday, June 12, 2005

月島 Tsuki-shima

I went the party of Prof. J's former students last night. The party was held at Spanish restaurant in thuki-shima in Tokyo.
月島 Tsuki-shima means "moon island". What a romantic place name is! Natually, the station name is Thuki-shima. The beauty shop name is Thuki-shima. The street name is thuki-shima. I saw many "月島" in this town.
月島 was born at the month of Sumida-river in Edo period. People reclaimed land from Tokyo bay. Because of merits of this location for shipping business, there are many warehouses and factries. I seem the building had been an old warehouse until it was born again as a restaurant.
The high-ceilinged room (the height is about 3 floor) was gorgeous. The paellas in large frying-pans cooked by Spanish were beautiful. The salami was genuine. And the wines were really good.

This party is held once a year.
The friends of mine from the university seminar always enhance my motivation.They gather from all over the country.
They have pure passions about architecture.
They will do something creative.
They always give me energy.
Let’s create good spaces and preserve impressive rows of houses and stores.
Let’s find something fun which only we can do and send a message on our own initiative.
Thank you and see you next year.
We had a pleasant time. Yeah too pleasant and 月島 was so far from my house.
I missed the last train. 月島 is different from Atugi.
The pumpkin carriage leaves earlier than Atugi.
I'm thankful to my friend who put me up for the night. She is always kind to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home