Friday, March 25, 2005

Uniform!

An obstinate holding on to outdated ideas.

White flimsy shirt with a ribbon.
Navy tight short skirt regardless of age.
Navy vest with gold buttons.
And navy outmoded sweater.

Oh! What stylish clothes! I’ve never seen plain clothes like these.
I think these are stereotyped symbol of womanhood.
Why do only women have to wear uniform?
Why are only men allowed to wear colorful tie and shirt, seasonable suits, and jackets suitable for age?
Why do only women have to feel chilly in winter?

I never worn these uniforms before and I won’t wear them forever.
I wear working clothes, so I can put on my favorite and seasonable shirt or sweater under jacket. This style looks like men, but I don’t care. Any working clothes seem better than uniforms!

Who did decide this rule?
Probably people who wanted to swim against the current did.
Why do they tend to despise women’s appeals against uniform?
How’s feminism in Japan doing?
Hey! Who is the person in charge?
Come to see me and persuade me to wear uniform if you have perfect confidence.
But I know that nobody can get me to consent to do it.
Don’t you think Japan society had made by them is a narrow island?

Spring has come.

Recently, I met some young women who are just going out into society at EAON.
Japanese girls be ambitious!
And I pray that your hopes for your futures won’t be hurt by outdated and stereotyped ideas. Please…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home