Thursday, July 14, 2005

What happened in London?

A friend of mine is in London. I called her parents up to ask her safety.
Her father in Japan said "she informed us her safety yesterday. She is all right."
I felt released and stopped worrying about it.
But receiving an e-mail from her in the U.K., I knew the true was different from the story her father told me.
The situation around her was not peaceful.
She wrote.
"I was nearly safe. Actually, I was there, at the Kings Cross Station. It was terrible indeed."
I read again and again the explanations of the words, nearly, actually, and indeed in my dictionary. Because I thought what the words mean were really important.
The news reports that any Japanese did not seriously injured at this accident.
But I think who looked the accident are victims too. They never will forget these scenes all their lives.

When I was a high school student, I passed by a strange group of people who were dancing on the roadside near the Yokohama Station. They were wearing headgears of elephant head. It was their election campaign.
As expected, they couldn't win. But we left them as they were.
The distance between from me to the dancing people was only 2 or 3 m!
One of them might have been one of wanted criminals.

When I worked in Nagano, I drew a plan of a lodge from a sketch.
In those days, a small village in Nagano worried over how to deal with a religious body who lived (held up!) in a lodge. The village was going to urge them to leave there on condition that the village buys the lodge. So they needed the plan of the lodge to discuss how to use it after they leave. I remember the plan was like a training camp.

Recently, I feel something terrible is closing in on our lives.
Well, I will believe my good luck. Whatever happens, I will slip through the trap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home